BOOK GWEN TO SPEAK
Gwen Webber-McLeod, President and CEO, believes in the importance of leading with head, heart and spirit.
Gwen’s speaking audiences across the country encompass private and public corporations, the nonprofit sector, educational institutions, and healthcare and government organizations.
Gwen focuses her speaking engagements on the following topics, but also customizes presentations on request.
THE UNEXPECTED LEADER®
The Unexpected Leader is one who bursts on the scene shaking things up because they break the mold of traditional leadership. Gwen Webber-McLeod’s Masters research focused on developing this specific type of leader. Her findings inform specialized leadership development programs, executive coaching and technical assistance services her company provides for “Unexpecteds” as they and the company they work for navigate the dynamics of being:
- The “First and Only.”
- Gaining and Sustaining
- Paying Success Forward to Other Unexpecteds
TRUST AS STRATEGIC RESOURCE
Gwen believes Trust is a strategic business resource as vital to company success as other resources. She spends hours each year helping leaders make the connection between high levels of trust and high levels of performance. Trust is the “X factor” in achieving business goals but is only available when leaders regularly engage in three important actions:
- Inspiring others to trust them
- Extending trust to others
- Restoring trust where it is broken
Gwen’s presentation is inspired by her love for Stephen M.R. Covey’s book The Speed of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything. This presentation uses Covey’s concepts with emphasis on his 13 Behaviors that inspire trust to help leaders recognize why it is imperative to company success to be experienced and known as a high trust – high performance leader.
THRIVING THROUGH CHANGE
Gwen knows organizations, businesses, and government agencies face what seems to be never ending change. What managers and employees do to support each other through the dynamics of change directly affects the achievement of workplace goals and business outcomes. It is helpful when a workplace team understands the dynamics of change and how it affects the workplace:
- Discuss the manager’s role in leading/supporting staff and the organization.
- Learn and discuss the dynamics of imposed and chosen change and how they affect workplace teams.
- Learn about author and change management expert, John Kotter’s 8 Phases of Change as a change management team tool.
- Identify specific strategies for helping the workplace team thrive during change.
- Discuss the attributes of an effective change agent and relevance to workplace teams.
Learn about the Leadership Connection®
Book Gwen to Speak